Wednesday, June 06, 2012

R.I.P. Ray Bradbury

"Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there. It doesn't matter what you do, he said, so as long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that's like you after you take your hands away." - Fahrenheit 451

 I was sad to hear that Ray Bradbury died today. I had what could be described as a "troubled childhood". No need to get into details, but when things were rough one place I could always turn to in order to get away from my troubles were with books. One of my favorite authors back then was Ray Bradbury, who introduced me to Martians and monsters and book-burning firemen and evil carnivals and so much more. Thank you, Ray, for everything. Rest in peace.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Beautiful portrait and heartfelt memory. Made my day.